Program Manager - Spanish
(United States, preferably Washington, DC. or East Coast)
GeoPoll is the leading provider of mobile device-driven research, data collection, and analysis in emerging markets, providing full-service solutions to its broad client base. GeoPoll has experience administering surveys in more than eighty-five countries and conducts approximately ten million surveys annually in more than forty-five languages. With operations in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean, GeoPoll continues to grow and scale quickly.
GeoPoll adheres to the strictest ethical and research standards and employs highly rigorous methods and approaches to data analysis. Our surveys have been cited and analyzed in several highly respected academic journals, such as the Journal of International Development.
Given our continuing growth and development and the critically important work we are doing for our partners and clients, GeoPoll is looking for a Program Manager who will report directly to a Portfolio Manager. This individual will demonstrate strong project management skills and will play an important role in helping the team deliver for its clients.
Under the leadership of the Portfolio Manager and Chief Operations Officer, the Program Manager will be directly responsible for managing relationships with current and potential vendors who implement portfolio work. Their responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- The management of research projects, delivering of client outputs in a timely manner and first-time-right, including the administrative and operational tasks related to design, planning, and output based on program requirements.
- In close collaboration with the Portfolio Manager, working directly with clients to understand their needs, developing studies to meet those needs, providing insights, recommendations, and usages of collected data to benefit programmatic activities.
- Coordinating with internal teams to establish project work plans and timelines for projects, preparing samples, and executing deliverable submissions for client projects.
- In close collaboration with the Portfolio Manager, ensuring the success of the program management team in meeting contractual and program requirements; this includes problem-solving when faced with issues so that these can be mitigated/addressed.
- Organizing program documents and managing enumerator trainings so that each adheres to GeoPoll standards and protocols, ensuring that all enumerators are trained per project requirements prior to starting full data collection.
- Ensuring adherence to the data quality standards across the different stages of delivery.
- Managing enumeration teams to maintain full retention of the trained team throughout data collection.
- Ensuring that at least 5% of all calls made by enumerators are graded and reviewed through audio recordings, direct listening, or conducting callbacks.
- Utilizing cross-functional collaboration skills to manage the inputs and support of internal technical departments, including review of technical inputs related to design and feasibility or project management.
- Escalating to the Portfolio Manager issues and risks that come up for a project in the portfolio so that these can be addressed in a timely manner.
- Supporting the portfolio team with managing vendor project financials to ensure maximum accrual and help track account payables for active portfolio.
- Contributing to business development efforts by managing current client relationships and supporting sales leads to further grow accounts.
- Managing sample frames and monitoring sample performance of individual vendor projects.
- Helping the portfolio teams as a whole to improve program and vendor management and to think strategically about GeoPoll’s future development, growth, and expansion in new markets and sectors.
- Minimum four (4) years experience in a program/project coordination or survey research role.
- Should be a fluent Spanish speaker (Written & Spoken), with extensive research experience in the LatAm region
- Demonstrate positive, helpful demeanors with a passion for program management and survey research.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to follow through and execute tasks in a proactive, timely manner.
- Willingness to fulfill tasks related to all aspects of a program/project’s lifecycle with an emphasis on project management, client relationship development and advancement, and survey research reporting requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, including an ability to communicate effectively with clients and to various internal departments related to design, planning, financial management, sales, data processing, marketing, and third-party services.
- Have advanced problem-solving skills and experience finding solutions for complex problems.
- Familiarity working with development agencies and working with people of different nationalities and backgrounds.
- Familiarity with fundamental quantitative research skills, including questionnaire design, sampling, basic data processing and analysis, fieldwork management, and reporting.
- Must be an independent, self-starter with the ability to take direction from the Portfolio Manager or to establish their own priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, business administration or similar fields is preferred.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) Statement
GeoPoll is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, tribe, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications and merit.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume (with Program Manager (Spanish) as the email subject) as a single file to [email protected]. Please use your name as the file name. Please do not attach additional documents such as transcripts or references until these are requested of you.
Applications that do not adhere to these requirements will not be accepted. This position is open until filled.