Job Opening: Senior QA Engineer
GeoPoll is the leading provider of mobile device-driven research, data collection, and analysis in emerging markets, providing full-service solutions to its broad client base. GeoPoll has experience administering surveys in more than eighty-five countries and conducts approximately ten million surveys annually in more than forty-five languages. With operations in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean, GeoPoll continues to grow and scale quickly.
GeoPoll adheres to the strictest ethical and research standards and employs highly rigorous methods and approaches to data analysis. Our surveys have been cited and analyzed in several highly respected academic journals, such as the Journal of International Development.
Given our continuing growth and development and the critically important work we are doing for our partners and clients, GeoPoll is looking for a Senior QA Engineer who will report directly to the Sr. Manager, Product Development.
About the position
This role will work closely with the Software Development and Product Development teams. Applications are being solicited from well-qualified candidates local to the Kenyan market for permanent placement. Interested parties are invited to submit their resumes for consideration for the position described below.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans, test strategies and test cases for testing and tracking defects though their life cycle, and providing testing status for features and functionality; modify existing test plans and procedures where needed
- Execute test plans and evaluate results to identify root causes and reproduce bugs or defects to drive issues and improvements to resolution
- Provide testing support for release and change management process
- Collaborate with the Product Development and Software Development teams for continued development and improvements of features, functionality and tooling for the QA and deployment ecosystem.
- Providing support and responding to support requests from the different operations teams in a timely manner and ensuring that communication and reporting protocols have been adhered to
- Providing timely updates for management reporting requirements
- 5+ years of experience in testing and automation across Web and Mobile applications
- Strong knowledge of SQLC, methodologies, tools and processes
- Strong understanding of Agile software development and DevOps practices
- Experience in automation testing is a must (Python, Selenium, Cypress, Appium, BrowserStack, Postman, Jmeter)
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience with Test Management tools like Testrail, Redmine, Bugzilla etc
- Excellent Bug Reporting and Documentation Skills
- Proficient in verbal and written communication in English
Equal employment opportunity statement
GeoPoll is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, tribe, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications and merit.
Please submit your CV and cover letter (as a single file with your name as the file name) to [email protected] with the job title: Sr. QA Engineer in the subject line.
This position is open until filled.