Job Opening: Senior. Integrations (VAS) Engineer
GeoPoll is the leading provider of mobile device-driven research, data collection, and analysis in emerging markets, providing full-service solutions to its broad client base. GeoPoll has experience administering surveys in more than eighty-five countries and conducts approximately ten million surveys annually in more than forty-five languages. With operations in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean, GeoPoll continues to grow and scale quickly.
GeoPoll adheres to the strictest ethical and research standards and employs highly rigorous methods and approaches to data analysis. Our surveys have been cited and analyzed in several highly respected academic journals, such as the Journal of International Development.
About the position
This role will report to the Sr. Manager, Technical Operations. Applications are being solicited from well-qualified candidates local to the Kenyan market for a permanent placement. Interested parties are invited to submit their resumes for consideration for the position described below.
- Design and implement Mobile Accord’s Voice and IVR systems.
- Setup and maintain Mobile Accord’s Messaging systems.
- Set up and maintain Asterisk and FreePBX systems
- Manage messaging connectivity using SMPP and ParlayX
- Set up and support billing and airtime systems.
- Manage Windows and Linux administration, including domain administration and security.
- Deploy and maintain monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, Checkmk, and SNMP.
- Conduct regular system audits to ensure optimal performance and security
- Collaborate with the team to identify and implement network improvements and upgrades
- Participate in on-call rotation for off-hour support and incident response.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, or suitable experience in a related field
- 4+ years of experience as a Senior Integrations Engineer/VAS Engineer or a similar role
- Experience in setting up and maintaining Asterisk, FreePBX and IVR systems.
- Experience in setting up messaging using SMPP and ParlayX
- Experience in setting up and maintaining messaging queueing systems using RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ
- Proficiency in Windows and Linux administration, domain administration, and virtualization using HyperV and VMWare.
- Experience setting up and maintaining webservers such as Microsoft IIS, Apache/Nginx
- Experience running systems in production.
- Familiarity with database technologies such as SQL Server, MySQL
- Shell scripting and automation (bash, powershell, python, nodejs)
- General knowledge of IPSec VPNs, Firewalls, Load balancers
- Understanding of network protocols and security systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Experience in setting up interactive IVR systems such as FreePBX and Verboice systems is a plus.
Equal employment opportunity statement
GeoPoll is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, tribe, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications and merit.
Please submit your CV and cover letter (as a single file with your name as the file name) to [email protected] with the job title: Sr. Integrations (VAS) Engineer in the subject line.
This position is open until filled.