Job Opening: Senior Researcher
GeoPoll is the leading provider of mobile device-driven research, data collection, and analysis in emerging markets, providing full-service solutions to its broad client base. GeoPoll has experience administering surveys in more than eighty-five countries and conducts approximately ten million surveys annually in more than forty-five languages. With operations in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean, GeoPoll continues to grow and scale quickly.
GeoPoll adheres to the strictest ethical and research standards and employs highly rigorous methods and approaches to data analysis. Our surveys have been cited and analyzed in several highly respected academic journals, such as the Journal of International Public Opinion Research and the Journal of International Development.
Given our continuing growth and development and the critically important work we are doing for our partners and clients, GeoPoll is looking for a Sr. Researcher who will report directly to the Director, Research. This individual will demonstrate strong data management and analysis skills and will be a key individual contributor to the work of the research team. The selected candidate will be a data science practitioner whose expertise can inform the further automation of the organization’s research function.
Data Analysis and Quality Checks
- Perform first time-right data processing and analysis
- Support the sales, project lead, and portfolio teams, and ensure that all internal stakeholder needs (for sample design, sample audit, support in methodology writing for proposal and data quality checks) are met.
- Execute complex script creation using in R, STATA, and SPSS.
- Perform various tasks on data including and not limited to:
- Data Weighting
- Excel Data Prep
- Excel Pivot Tables & Charts
- Data cleaning, including handling missing data, outliers, duplicates, data transformation, and data validation.
- Sampling and research design for proposals
- Significance Tests
- Regression and Correlation Analysis
- Creating reports and dashboards (KPIs and PowerBI Dashboards)
- Support with report writing (Including charts, tables, and insights) as needed.
- Create and update custom dashboards for client deliverables and provide support and training to client as needed.
- Support Tech/Dev team feature development suggestions to continue to promote efficiencies.
- Documentation of the research processes
Communication and Project Management
- Participate in portfolio and project meetings, providing updates on projects, and offering support needed.
- Track project statuses and update all internal systems Provide timelines for client deliverables to the Portfolio team and communicate these to the appropriate stakeholder(s)
- Proactively communicate any issues that arise within the Portfolio team and with other departments (e.g., Tech issues) so that these can be addressed in a timely manner.
- Provide timely communications on any delays that may impact client deliverables
- 5+ years’ experience in data processing and analysis (structured & unstructured data).
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in a busy research firm that delivers multiple outputs in a week.
- Have served in a senior data analyst or higher role will be added advantage.
- Data analysis: Able to extract, clean, manipulate, and analyze data to draw meaningful insights.
- Statistical analysis: Have knowledge of statistical concepts and methods such as regression analysis, hypothesis testing, and probability theory.
- Data visualization: Able to create clear and effective visual representations of data using tools such as charts, graphs, and dashboards.
- Communicate data findings: Communicate complex data and analysis results clearly and concisely to non-technical stakeholders.
- Programming: Proficient in programming languages such as SPSS, R, STATA, or other tools used for data analysis.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
GeoPoll is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, tribe, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications and merit.
Please submit your CV and cover letter (as a single file with your name as the file name) to [email protected] with the job title: Sr. Researcher in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the role is filled.