Senior Program Manager, Social Sector (LAC)
(Panama or Latin America)
GeoPoll, the world’s largest mobile surveying platform working in the developing world, is looking for a Senior Program Manager to join its team to support the implementation of our international programs.
The Senior Program Manager will be focused on assisting managing a program’s life cycle; US government compliance, and financial management. They will be part of a small international development and relief team that is responsible for implementing dynamic survey research and development initiatives. The ideal candidate will have an interest in building and maintaining relationships with a wide variety of international development and relief clients with the ability to adeptly manage and execute on diverse responsibilities within an exciting, fast-growing, start-up environment.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the job title (Senior Program Manager, LAC) in the subject line. Please attach your resume and cover letter – as a single file – with your name as the file name.
Under the leadership of the Director, Operations directly manage relationships with current and potential clients in the international development and relief portfolios including but not limited to:
- As assigned by the Director, Operations, independently manage a portfolio of research projects including the administrative and operational tasks related to design, planning, output based on program requirements.
- Work directly with clients to provide insights, recommendations, and usages of collected data to benefit programmatic activities and overall program objectives.
- Coordinate with internal teams to establish project work plans and timelines for projects and execute deliverable submissions for client projects.
- Ensure the program management team to be successful in meeting contractual and program requirements.
- Organize program documents and ensure program management organizational processes are fulfilled.
- Utilize cross-functional collaboration skills to manage the inputs and support of internal technical departments, including review of technical inputs related to design and feasibility or project management.
- Review and monitor viability of externally outsourced data analysis and reporting capacity;
- With the Director, help the wider program management team think strategically about GeoPoll future development, growth, and expansion in new markets and sectors with the ability to solve problems independently.
- Offer progressive thought leadership which will include developing or co-developing academic articles, GeoPoll blog posts and represent GeoPoll at/on external settings.
- In support of the Director’s core role, assist to manage project financials to ensure maximum accrual and help track account payables for active portfolio.
- Minimum six (6) years’ experience in a program/project coordination or survey research.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to follow through and execute on tasks in a pro-active, timely manner.
- Willingness to fulfill tasks related to all aspects of a program/project’s lifecycle with an emphasis on project management, client relationship development and advancement, and survey research reporting requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, including an ability to communicate effectively with clients and to various internal departments related to design, planning, financial management, sales, data processing, marketing and third-party services.
- Fluency in Spanish is a requirement with experience in project management and client-facing roles in this language.
- Have advanced problem-solving skills and experience finding solutions for complex project issues.
- Familiarity working with development agencies and working with people of different nationalities and backgrounds.
- A Master’s degree in a social science, business administration or similar field is required.
- Advanced experience with PowerPoint, Excel, and statistical analysis software.
Since 2012, GeoPoll has been a leader in providing affordable market research from areas of the world that are difficult to access with traditional methods. We conduct more than 7 million surveys per year through the mobile phone for international multilateral donors, host governments, NGOs, research agencies, commercial clients, and media groups. GeoPoll facilitates projects that provide critical data for companies and development assistance organizations that provide insight on resources, living conditions, and aid, as well as measure the ROI of advertisements, assess customer satisfaction, and more.
GeoPoll is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, tribe, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and merit.