Job Opening: Senior Integration Systems Developer
(Denver, CO or Nairobi, KE)
GeoPoll is a leading research organization that uses mobile phones to gather direct, real-time insights from millions of people throughout Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Working with clients including global brands, media outlets, and international development groups, GeoPoll facilitates projects that measure vital indicators around the world.
GeoPoll seeks smart, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join our team, and help us improve the lives of citizens around the world through the mobile phone.
About this Role
We are currently looking for a Sr. Integration Systems Developer to be based either in the US or Kenya who will assist with the build out of our messaging, billing platforms as well as supporting existing web applications. This position will work directly with wireless carriers and other 3rd party service providers in multiple countries throughout Africa and the rest of the world and will be responsible for the development and maintenance of highly efficient low-level systems that support the organization’s product base.
The expectation for this position is that the incumbent will serve in the GeoPoll office, consistent with the organization’s 2022 hybrid work policy.
The ideal candidate for this role brings some combination of the following personal traits to the table:
- Extremely self-motivated and highly organized
- Self-starter (willing to take initiative and champion innovative ideas)
- Collaborative and works well in a team environment
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
- Implementation of new SMS messaging connections with wireless carriers’ SMSC using GeoPoll’s messaging platform (Java, SMPP, REST)
- Development and extension of the capabilities of GeoPoll’s messaging platform (Java)
- Implementation of new billing adapters for various wireless carrier billing systems (REST, SOAP, C#)
- Troubleshooting and debugging web applications
- Accurately breaking down and estimating work and an ability to deliver as per agreed-upon timelines
- Active involvement in design reviews, code reviews and general support of all team initiatives.
Skills & Experience:
- C# .Net
- HTML 5
- CSS 3/Sass/Less
- .Net 4.5+
- .Net Core
- ASP.NET Core Blazor
- .Net Xamarin
- jQuery, jQueryUI
- Unity (IOC)
- ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, or other Queuing Platform
- REST, SOAP, JSON, JMS, NMS
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Team City
- SQL Server
GeoPoll is the leading provider of mobile device-driven research, data collection, and analysis in emerging markets, providing full-service solutions to its broad client base. GeoPoll has experience administering surveys in more than eighty-five countries and conducts approximately ten million surveys annually in more than forty-five languages. With operations in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean, GeoPoll continues to grow and scale quickly.
GeoPoll adheres to the strictest ethical and research standards and employs highly rigorous methods and approaches to data analysis. Our surveys have been cited and analyzed in several highly respected academic journals, such as the Journal of International Public Opinion Research and the Journal of International Development.
We encourage applicants who do not meet every listed qualification but may bring skills in related areas to apply.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject “Senior Integration Systems Developer”.
Mobile Accord, Inc., (GeoPoll) offers competitive compensation commensurate with the education and experience of the selected candidate. Compensation packages also include health and non-health insurance benefits, and 401(k) or pension benefits. Compensation will be competitive for the local market.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject “Senior Integration Systems Developer”. Please ensure that all documents use your name in the file name: John Smith resume; John Smith cover.
Please peruse our website to learn more about us.