GeoPoll is a leading research organization that uses mobile phones to gather direct, real-time insights from millions of people throughout Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Working with clients including global brands, media outlets, and international development groups, GeoPoll facilitates projects that measure vital indicators around the world.
GeoPoll seeks smart, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join our team, and help us improve the lives of citizens around the world through the mobile phone.
We are currently looking for a manager for a remote role in Nigeria. This position is responsible for ongoing consumer panels in Nigeria and Ghana, targeted with both daily and monthly quantitative surveys as well as qualitative research.
To apply for this opportunity, please email a cover letter and resume (as a single file, with your name as the file name) to [email protected]. Please put the job title in the subject line of your email.
- The management of quantitative research projects including the administrative and operational tasks related to design, planning, and output based on program requirements.
- In close collaboration with the Director and/or Portfolio Manager, work directly with clients to provide insights and develop strategies from collected data, and also to decide on research areas and survey questions to add/remove from the ongoing daily and monthly surveys.
- Coordinate with internal teams to establish project work plans and timelines for projects and executes deliverable submissions for client projects.
- In close collaboration with the Director and/or Portfolio Manager, ensure the success of the program management team in meeting contractual and program requirements.
- Organize program documents and ensure program management organizational processes are fulfilled.
- Utilize cross-functional collaboration skills to manage the inputs and support of internal technical departments, including review of technical inputs related to design and feasibility or project management.
- Review, engage and monitor the viability of externally outsourced data analysis and reporting capacity.
- Support other GeoPoll teams with Nigeria-specific tasks as the in-country representative, including but not limited to onboarding and supporting call center staff.
Please note that this role will be based out of Lagos, Nigeria and the individual will be required to meet with clients at their offices in Lagos on a weekly basis. Candidates not based in Nigeria will not be considered. Future short-term travel to Ghana is likely once it is safe and practical to do so.
- Minimum four (4) years experience in a program/project coordination or survey research role.
- Demonstrate a positive, helpful demeanor with a passion for program management and survey research.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to follow through and execute on tasks in a pro-active, timely manner.
- Willingness to fulfill tasks related to all aspects of a program/project’s lifecycle with an emphasis on project management, client relationship development, and advancement and survey research reporting requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, including an ability to communicate effectively with clients and to various internal departments related to design, planning, financial management, sales, data processing, marketing, and third-party services.
- Have advanced problem-solving skills and experience finding solutions for complex problems.
- Familiarity working with media and market research agencies and working with people of different nationalities and backgrounds.
- Familiarity with fundamental quantitative media/market research skills including questionnaire design, sampling, basic data processing and analysis, fieldwork management and reporting.
- Must be an independent, self-starter with the ability to take direction from the Director of Operations or to establish their own priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science, business administration or similar fields is preferred.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- 2+ years’ experience directly managing large teams of survey interviewers/enumerators
- 2+ years’ experience at a media agency, advertising agency or media/market research company
- Qualitative media or market research experience
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume (as a single file, with your name as the file name) to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.
Since 2012, GeoPoll has been a leader in providing affordable market research from areas of the world that are difficult to access with traditional methods. We conduct more than 7 million surveys per year through the mobile phone for international multilateral donors, host governments, NGOs, research agencies, commercial clients, and media groups. GeoPoll facilitates projects that provide critical data for companies and development assistance organizations that provide insight on resources, living conditions, and aid, as well as measure the ROI of advertisements, assess customer satisfaction, and more.
GeoPoll is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, tribe, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and merit.