Portfolio Manager - International Development & Relief
GeoPoll, the world’s largest mobile surveying platform working in the developing world, is looking for a Portfolio Manager to join its international development and relief team to support the implementation of our international programs. The Portfolio Manager will be focused on assisting a program’s life cycle, client contract compliance, and financial management.
One of GeoPoll’s largest teams provides daily data collection in over more than 40 countries around the world covering four continents and tens of thousands of interviews. GeoPoll has completed several hundred thousand CATI interviews over the past 12 months directly managing more than 700 call center operators. On a daily basis, GeoPoll supplies large-scale, household data from most of the world’s most challenging environments and directly feeds data for action.
We are looking for a Portfolio Manager who can maintain this strong working partnership. The ideal candidate will have experience directing, building, and maintaining relationships with a select set of international development clients with a particular focus on the food security space. He/she will need to demonstrate the ability to adeptly direct, manage and execute on diverse responsibilities within an exciting, fast-growing, start-up environment that will include personnel management, portfolio leadership and significant client support.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line. Please submit your cover and resume as a single file, with your name as the file name.
Under the leadership of the Director of Operations, the Portfolio Manager will be directly responsible for managing relationships with current and potential clients who are part of their portfolio and the team members who are part of the portfolio. Their responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Timely and first-time right delivery of projects that have been assigned to the portfolio, through the different stages of the project
- Leading team of 5 – 10 direct staff within a portfolio team and hundreds of call center operators across the globe.
- Responsible for managing data collection, research, and service delivery on daily data collection in over 40+ countries across Asia, Sub Saharan Africa, and Latin America
- Coordinate and assign tasks to portfolio team staff and across multiple operations and support departments within GeoPoll and ensure their timely delivery; this includes administrative and operational tasks related to design, planning, output based on program requirements.
- With limited day-to-day oversight, work in close communication with executive leadership team members to ensure the portfolio team is successful in meeting contractual and program requirements.
- Ensure that each project managed in the portfolio adheres to GeoPoll standards and protocols and that the contractual requirements with the client are met
- Ensuring that each project adheres to the data quality standards across the different stages of delivery, from questionnaire design all the way through to interim data checks, final data collection, and the final client deliverables
- Ensuring that all financial policies and procedures are met from the scope of work aligning with the requirements of the project, all the way through to purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and account payables
- Serves as the initial point of escalation for both the client and the portfolio team for issues to both guide and provide solutions.
- Utilize cross-functional collaboration skills to manage the inputs and support of internal technical departments, including review of technical inputs related to design and feasibility or project management.
- With the Director, helps think strategically about GeoPoll’s future development, growth, and expansion in new markets and sectors with the ability to solve problems independently.
- Provide thought leadership which will include developing or co-developing academic articles, GeoPoll blog posts and represent GeoPoll at/on external settings.
- Minimum four to six (4 – 6) years of experience in a program/project coordination or survey research.
- Demonstrate a positive, helpful demeanor with a passion for program management and survey research.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to follow through and execute on tasks in a pro-active, timely manner.
- Willingness to fulfill tasks related to all aspects of a program/project’s lifecycle with an
- Emphasis on project management, client relationship development, and advancement and survey research reporting requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, including an ability to communicate effectively with clients and to various internal departments related to design, planning, financial management, sales, data processing, marketing and third-party services.
- Have advanced problem-solving skills and experience finding solutions for complex projects.
- Familiarity working with development agencies and working with people of different nationalities and backgrounds.
- Must be an independent, self-starter with the ability to take direction from the Director of Operations as well as set self-priorities.
- A Master’s degree in a social science, business administration, or similar fields is required.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and statistical analysis software.
Since 2012, GeoPoll has been a leader in providing affordable market research from areas of the world that are difficult to access with traditional methods. We conduct more than 7 million surveys per year through the mobile phone for international multilateral donors, host governments, NGOs, research agencies, commercial clients, and media groups. GeoPoll facilitates projects that provide critical data for companies and development assistance organizations that provide insight on resources, living conditions, and aid, as well as measure the ROI of advertisements, assess customer satisfaction, and more.
GeoPoll is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, tribe, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and merit.