Job Opening: Integration Developer
GeoPoll is a leading research organization that uses mobile phones to gather direct, real-time insights from millions of people throughout Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Working with clients including global brands, media outlets, and international development groups, GeoPoll facilitates projects that measure vital indicators around the world.
GeoPoll seeks smart, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join our team, and help us improve the lives of citizens around the world through the mobile phone.
About this Role
We are currently looking for a Systems Developer in Nairobi, Kenya to assist in the build out of our messaging and billing platforms to support GeoPoll and parent company Mobile Accord. This position will work directly with wireless carriers and other 3rd party service providers in multiple countries throughout Africa and the rest of the world and will be responsible for the development and maintenance of highly efficient low-level systems that support the organization’s product base.
- Implementation of new SMS messaging connections with wireless carriers’ SMSC using GeoPoll’s messaging platform (Java, SMPP)
- Develop and extend the capabilities of GeoPoll’s messaging platform (Java)
- Implementation of new billing adapters for various wireless carrier billing systems (REST, SOAP, C#)
- Develop and extend the capabilities of GeoPoll’s billing platform (C#)
- Actively involved in design reviews, code reviews and general support of all team initiatives.
- Ability to deliver on the key responsibilities.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- SQL Server
- ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, or other Queuing Platform
- REST, SOAP, JSON, JMS, NMS
- Self-motivated without “over-the-shoulder” management
- Collaborative and work well on multi-site initiatives
- Enjoys a fun, dynamic and challenging work environment within a start-up culture
- Strong commitment to making a social impact
GeoPoll’s parent company is Mobile Accord, Inc. Mobile Accord, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity. GeoPoll is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and merit.
We encourage applicants who do not meet every listed qualification but may bring skills in related areas to apply.
Please submit your CV, salary history and relevant work examples to [email protected] with the subject Integration Developer.