Director, Product Development
(Denver, Colorado; Washington, DC; Nairobi, Kenya; Remote)
GeoPoll, the world’s largest mobile surveying platform primarily in Africa, Asia, and Latin America is looking for a Director, Product Development to lead GeoPoll’s product development activities. The Director will work closely with the GeoPoll leadership team to determine brand voice and messaging, lead GeoPoll’s content marketing and demand generation strategies, and identify areas for marketing growth while leading a team from diverse backgrounds.
About the candidate:
The ideal candidate will be committed to agile thinking, leading with humility, curiosity, and transparency, and is willing to roll up their sleeves and dig into the work. We seek a leader who has experience working cross-functionally with teams including business and product development, is comfortable both creating and implementing marketing strategies that lead to revenue growth and is willing to execute on diverse responsibilities within an exciting, fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment.
About the role:
This role works in partnership with senior executives to identify potential new products for development and with staff to champion the development, management, and delivery of those products. Central to this endeavor is identifying needs and opportunities in the marketplace, evaluating the competitive landscape, and creating clear and robust business plans.
If you are passionate about solving business problems, highly entrepreneurial, curious, analytically rigorous, and comfortable with ambiguity, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we would like to meet you. This is a full-time position that will report directly to the CEO.
- Oversees a team of talented Product Managers, Software Developers, and QA Engineers to drive product strategy and deliver exceptional on-time results
- Serves as product owner for the entire GeoPoll platform including GeoPoll Mobile Application (Android & iOS, GeoPoll Interviewer, Client and Partner Portal, and Intranet)
- Researches and defines future product strategy based on client needs and market analysis to position product line in the marketplace
- Works with operations teams to identify areas of opportunity to increase efficiency, oversee the build-out of detailed requirements, manage the implementation, and train teams on new functionality.
- Provides regular and concise updates to the Senior Management Team
What the Director, Product Development will have:
- 5 years experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent work experience.
- Experience building and delivering highly complex products which have been successfully launched to market
- A self-starter’s enthusiasm with a willingness to operate at both highly strategic levels – to define customer problems – and at more tactical levels, to launch a product to internal teams and collaborate with Marketing on product launch
- Outstanding organizational, project management, people, and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve, multitask, and work independently in a dynamic, rapidly changing work environment
- Strong soft skills and experience managing with empathy, including the ability to face challenges with a positive attitude.
- Proven experience leading a team, a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, and experience leveraging data to maximize marketing effectiveness
- Ability to identify and drive improvements for the development process.
Compensation: US locations – $100,000 – $150,000 depending on experience; non-US locations – salary commensurate with qualifications, experience and prevailing local rates.
Benefits: US benefits include medical, vision & dental insurance, 401(k) with match, FSA and HSA, life and AD&D insurance, and unlimited paid time off. Non-US benefits include health insurance (or health insurance premium reimbursement).
How to Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume (as a single file, with your name as the file name) to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line, before June 30th, 2021.
Since 2012, GeoPoll has been a leader in providing affordable market research from areas of the world that are difficult to access with traditional methods. We conduct more than 7 million surveys per year through the mobile phone for international multilateral donors, host governments, NGOs, research agencies, commercial clients, and media groups. GeoPoll facilitates projects that provide critical data for companies and development assistance organizations that provide insight on resources, living conditions, and aid, as well as measure the ROI of advertisements, assess customer satisfaction, and more.
GeoPoll is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, tribe, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and merit.