Digital Marketing Assistant
GeoPoll is the leading provider of mobile device-driven research, data collection, and analysis in emerging markets, providing full-service solutions to its broad client base. GeoPoll has experience administering surveys in more than eighty-five countries and conducts approximately ten million surveys annually in more than forty-five languages. With operations in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean, GeoPoll continues to grow and scale quickly.
GeoPoll adheres to the strictest ethical and research standards and employs highly rigorous methods and approaches to data analysis. Our surveys have been cited and analyzed in several highly respected academic journals, such as the Journal of International Public Opinion Research and the Journal of International Development.
GeoPoll is seeking a Digital Marketing Assistant to support our global marketing and sales teams. The position will be based in our Nairobi office. You may be a good fit for this role if you are fascinated by consumer behavior and new digital channels and would like to engage consumers in emerging markets around the world. The ideal candidate for this role will be an efficient self-starter with excellent organizational skills and who is eager to work within a fast-paced technology company.
- Create, optimize, and measure the success of online advertising campaigns on social media, search engines, and other ad networks and report on campaign performance regularly.
- Research and implement new strategies for B2C recruitment of GeoPoll users and B2B lead generation.
- Manage GeoPoll’s end-user day-to-day app activity and user engagement.
- Increase brand visibility by managing organic social media accounts, including copywriting, finding, or designing imagery and videos, performing hashtag and trend research, and engaging with followers.
- Create content for the GeoPoll Research Blog and GeoPoll Talks podcast.
- Advise team on recent trends in market research and business in GeoPoll’s active markets.
- Working closely with other teams, identify needed and react quickly to requests for new digital marketing campaigns.
- Support sales activities through the design of both online and offline marketing collateral.
- Ad hoc marketing tasks as needed.
- 2+ years’ experience in marketing, focusing on digital marketing tasks.
- Experience running and managing pay-per-click advertising on various platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Google Ads, and LinkedIn.
- Strong social media management skills.
- Graphic design skills and working experience with Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere and After Effects), Canva and other design software.
- Strong understanding of PPC ad campaign performance metrics.
- Community management experience, particularly growing a user base and social media audience.
- Experience with CRMs and email marketing platforms such as HubSpot and Mailchimp.
- Strong Excel skills and meticulous attention to number-oriented details.
- Experience measuring and reporting on mobile application metrics on analytics platforms such as Kochava and Google Play Console.
- Strong English writing and grammar skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to take on a variety of job functions in a fast- paced environment and juggle multiple requests at once.
- An enthusiastic self-starter, able to work independently or as part of a small team.
- Interest in the market research and technology industries and a willingness to learn about new topics and industries.
EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) Statement
GeoPoll is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, tribe, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications and merit.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume (with Digital Marketing Assistant as the email subject) as a single file to [email protected] Please use your name as the file name. Please do not send additional documents, such as transcripts or references until these are requested of you.
Applications that do not adhere to these requirements will not be accepted.