Manager, Business Solutions
(United States or Nairobi, Kenya)
GeoPoll is a leading research organization that uses mobile phones to gather direct, real-time insights from millions of people throughout Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Working with clients including global brands, media outlets, and international development groups, GeoPoll facilitates projects that measure vital indicators around the world.
GeoPoll seeks smart, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join our team, and help us improve the lives of citizens around the world through the mobile phone.
About this Role
We are currently hiring for a Business Solutions Manager based in the United States or Nairobi, Kenya to support our growing network of regional research partners in over 120 Countries worldwide.
This position is expected to be fully remote (online) for the 2021 calendar year, with the potential to work from GeoPoll’s Nairobi or Washington DC offices in 2022.
- Responsible for designing creative data collection solutions in collaboration with the GeoPoll sales and project execution teams
- Serve as an expert in survey methods, data collection methods and sampling (for SMS, mobile web, survey application, IVR, CATI, CAPI, CAWI, IDI, focus groups, etc.)
- Manage the Business Solutions team members to provide a timely project execution framework for projects so that the Sales teams can align project specifications and so that the project execution teams have a clear framework for sampling, operational costs, mode execution and delivery
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of GeoPoll feasibility portfolio (internal and external modes) and coordination of work with colleagues to meet deadlines
- Responsible for managing the lifecycle of GeoPoll vendors – vendor selection, vendor assessment, onboarding, performance & issue management, and vendor termination – to ensure quality data collection services to GeoPoll
- Oversee the training and onboarding of GeoPoll’s regional research partners and survey data collection teams
- Manage GeoPoll’s existing network of over 100 regional field teams across 50 Countries
- Responsible for improvements to systems and tools used by the Business Solutions team
- Develop, improve, and keep processes and protocols up to date
- Design and implement global operational procedures
- Manage GeoPoll’s Business Solutions team in charge of project design, data collection solutions and global research footprint and the team’s further development to ensure best practices of project design and data collection solutions are in place
- Fulfills other tasks and deliverables that have been assigned by their management team
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in managing a team
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in survey data management (cleaning, coding, analysis through pivot tables, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in social sciences or market research
- Knowledge of market research data collection processes and best practices
- Knowledge of market research methodologies and survey modes (CATI, CAPI, SMS, IVR, MW)
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to follow through and execute tasks in a pro-active and timely manner
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with sales and project execution departments
- Advanced problem-solving skills and experience finding solutions for complex problems and projects
- Familiarity working with people of different nationalities and backgrounds
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to take direction from the Director of Business Solutions to establish own priorities
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
GeoPoll is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, tribe, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications and merit.
Please submit your CV, salary history and relevant work examples to [email protected] with the subject Manager, Business Solutions.