Business Development Manager
(International Development & Relief Sector - DMV, remote)
As a Business Development Manager, you will support our partnership strategy and the continued expansion and growth of GeoPoll’s international relief and development (social sector) portfolio. You will be part of a team that is passionately committed to expanding our base of international development clients funded by USAID, the Department of State, the World Bank, United Nations, NGOs, and academic institutions. Remote candidates will be considered for this role.
Over the last three years, we have experienced a significant growth in our revenue and we’re looking for a talented Business Development Manager who will contribute to further growing our business over the next several years. In this role, you will identify business/sales opportunities and lead partnerships, from inception through full execution, in support of our International Business Development team. You will expand and cultivate relationships with a wide variety of partners, developing team strategies and approaches and negotiating technical roles and budgets.
You enjoy working in the fast-paced environment of proposal development ranging from writing concept notes and drafting corporate capabilities statements to developing detailed budgets and cost estimates. Additionally, you excel in a team-oriented environment that includes working on projects in parallel, and a flexibility to work on special projects when needed. You are a self-starter who is excited to work in a start-up environment.
- Identify international development procurement opportunities (under contracts and grants) and manage teaming discussions with for-profit and non-profit organizations
- Lead outreach to USAID-funded development assistance implementers (non- and for-profits) to pre-position GeoPoll on forthcoming RFAs and RFPs
- Identify partnerships and manage opportunities with other USG-funded clients, multi-laterals, foundations, and universities
- Actively reach out to targeted clients to sell, upsell, and maintain positive long-term relationships
- Prepare and submit proposals, pricing, and service agreements for international development clients, including conducting analysis for compliance and procurement considerations
- Develop PowerPoint presentations, marketing materials, and success stories
- Support the Business Development team’s financial projections and budgeting processes
- Coordinate with GeoPoll support teams including Operations, Program Management, Finance, and regional representatives
- Regularly check relevant external information sources, such as SAM.gov and Grants.gov, for updates, keep internal trackers and files up to date and share timely information with the new business team
- Attend internal and external events and conferences to collect information and network
- Successfully lead the acquisition, development, and delivery of winning proposals
- BA/BS degree in Social Sciences, International Development, or a related field
- 2 – 4 years’ experience on a business development team supporting international development clients, including USG government contracting with a specific focus on USAID
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- In-depth experience using Microsoft Office products that include MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Deep knowledge and skills in proposal development and skill in applying lessons learned from prior proposal teams to subsequent assignments
- An understanding of the nuances of USAID implementation and an ability to work with USAID-funded project implementers is required for this role
- MA/MS degree in Social Sciences, International Development, or a related field
- 4+ years’ experience on a business development team supporting international development clients, including USG government contracting with a specific focus on USAID
- Understanding of compliance, cost, and procurement issues
- Familiarity with developing countries, particularly in Africa, the Americas, Asia, and the Middle East
- Innovative thinker able to work in a fast-paced impactful team-oriented environment
- Proficient language skills in Spanish, French, and/or Arabic
Some travel to international offices, client locations, and conferences may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
GeoPoll is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, tribe, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications and merit.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject BD Managerr no later than 27 March 2023.
Learn more about GeoPoll at: https://www.geopoll.com .