Business Development Manager - International Development and Relief Sector
(Washington, DC Metro Area)
GeoPoll is the leading provider of mobile device-driven research, data collection, and analysis in emerging markets, providing full-service solutions to its broad client base. GeoPoll has experience administering surveys in more than eighty-five countries and conducts approximately ten million surveys annually in more than forty-five languages. With operations in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean, GeoPoll continues to grow and scale quickly.
GeoPoll adheres to the strictest ethical and research standards and employs highly rigorous methods and approaches to data analysis. Our surveys have been cited and analyzed in several highly respected academic journals, such as the Journal of International Public Opinion Research and the Journal of International Development.
GeoPoll seeks smart, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join our team, and help us improve the lives of citizens around the world through research.
About the position
As a Business Development Manager, you will support our partnership strategy and the continued expansion and growth of GeoPoll’s international relief and development (social sector) portfolio. You will be part of a team that is passionately committed to expanding to our base of international development clients funded by USAID, the Department of State, the World Bank, United Nations, NGOs, and academic institutions. This position is based in the Washington, DC metro area and our expectation is that the incumbent will serve in the GeoPoll office consistent with the organization’s 2022 hybrid work policy.
In this role, you will identify business/sales opportunities and lead partnerships. from inception through full execution in support of our International Business Development team. You will expand and cultivate relationships with a wide variety of partners, developing teaming strategies and approaches and negotiating technical roles and budgets.
You enjoy working in the fast-paced environment of proposal development ranging from writing concept notes and drafting corporate capabilities statements to developing detailed budgets and cost estimates. Additionally, you excel in a team-oriented environment that includes working on projects in parallel, and a flexibility to work on special projectswhen needed. You are a self-starter who is excited to work in a start-up environment.
Given the nature of this role, viable candidates for this position will be in the DMV (DC, MD, VA) area, NY, or Seattle, WA, cities where major grant-funding organizations are headquartered or have offices. Relocation and 100% remote work from other locales are not options for this role.
- Identify international development procurement opportunities (under contracts and grants) and manage teaming discussions with for-profit and non-profit organizations
- Lead outreach to USAID-funded development assistance implementers (non- and for-profits) to pre-position GeoPoll on forthcoming RFAs and RFPs
- Identify partnerships and manage opportunities with other USG-funded clients, multi-laterals, foundations, and universities
- Actively reach out to targeted clients to sell, upsell, and maintain positive long-term relationships
- Prepare and submit proposals, pricing, and service agreements for international development clients, including conducting analysis for compliance and procurement considerations
- Develop PowerPoint presentations, marketing materials, and success stories
- Support the Business Development team’s financial projections and budgeting processes
- Coordinate with GeoPoll support teams including Operations, Program Management, Finance, and regional representatives
- Regularly check relevant external information sources, such as SAM.gov and Grants.gov, for updates, keep internal trackers and ensures files are up to date and shares timely information with the new business team
- Attends internal and external events and conferences to collect information and network
- Successfully leads the acquisition, development and delivery of winning proposals
- BA/BS degree in Business, International Relations, or a related field
- 4 years of experience on a business development team supporting international development clients, including USG government contracting with a specific focus on USAID
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- In-depth experience using Microsoft Office products that include MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Deep knowledge and skills in proposal development and skill in applying lessons learned from prior proposal teams to subsequent assignments
- An understanding of the nuances of USAID implementation and an ability to work with USAID-funded project implementers is required for this role
- MA/MS degree in Business, International Development, or a related field
- Understanding of compliance, cost, and procurement issues
- Familiarity in developing countries, particularly Africa, the Americas, Asia, and the Middle East
- Innovative thinker able to work in a fast-paced impactful team-oriented environment
- Proficient language skills in Spanish, French, and/or Arabic
Some travel to international offices, client locations, and conferences may be required.
Attractive compensation package including base salary, annual bonuses (performance-based), and commissions is offered.
GeoPoll is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, tribe, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications and merit.
Please submit your CV and cover letter (as a single file with your name as the file name) to [email protected] with the job title: Business Development Manager in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the role is filled.
Find out more about us from our website: https://www.geopoll.com.