Job Opening: Business Development Consultant
GeoPoll is the pioneer in conducting remote research through mobile-based methodologies in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. GeoPoll’s offerings provide humanitarian organizations, governments, and leading brands with high-quality data through multiple mobile modes.
GeoPoll is driven by a mission to leverage the power of mobile to give communities around the globe a voice in global development issues, consumer products, and more. Our global team work together to collect vital information for clients who range from small NGOs to multi-lateral development organizations and global consumer goods brands.
The GeoPoll team consists of over 100 experts in research, technology, and international development. We have offices in Washington, DC, Denver, Nairobi, Johannesburg, Dar es Salaam, and additional team members working remotely in multiple countries.
About the position
We are seeking a passionate and driven sales professional with market research background and sound business acumen to fulfill this critical role. As a Business Development Consultant, you will support research and business development of GeoPoll’s East Africa commercial team and the broader commercial and international development teams. As the sole Tanzania-based GeoPoll representative, you will be required to wear several hats. Notably this role will engage his/her existing network and seek new potential client partners through research, prospecting, sustained outreach to drive the revenue pipeline.
In this role you will help identify business/sales opportunities and support partnerships from inception through full execution. This position is pivotal in developing complete, consistent, competitive, compelling, and compliant bids/proposals that reflect client needs.
You enjoy working in the fast-paced environment of proposal development ranging. Additionally, you excel in a team-oriented environment that includes working on projects in parallel, and a flexibility to work on special projects when needed. You are a self-starter who is excited to work in a start-up environment.
You are a high-energy, collaborative, and passionate person who exhibits the following traits: respect, honesty, integrity, and blameless problem-solving. Above all, you are a team player who is customer-oriented and a strong believer in continuous improvement.
Given the nature of this role, viable candidates for this position will be in Tanzania. Relocation and remote work are not options for this position.
- Facilitation of continuous growth of the GeoPoll Tanzania business pipeline
- Identification of commercial and development sector research procurement opportunities (under contracts and grants) and manage teaming discussions with for-profit and non-profit organizations
- Translating ongoing research studies into new relationships through demonstrating to clients how GeoPoll can resolve their most challenging problems
- Networking and sharing information on GeoPoll’s country, regional, and global research efforts to build the organization’s reputation and brand in the region
- Actively reaching out to targeted clients to sell, upsell, and maintain positive long-term relationships
- Preparing and submitting proposals, pricing, and service agreements for clients and partners, including conducting analysis for compliance and procurement considerations
- Developing PowerPoint presentations, marketing materials, and success stories
- Supporting the Business Development team’s financial projections and budgeting processes
- Client-facing training, support, and education of the GeoPoll audience Measurement subscription product as needed in coordination with the Client service team.
- Cultivating leads generated through the marketing team and nurturing them into opportunities
- Serving as the face of the GeoPoll Tanzania office and supporting with the administrative responsibilities in coordination with the Regional Director Eastern Africa, Finance, and Legal Teams
- Coordinating with GeoPoll support teams including Operations, Program Management, Finance, and regional representatives
Some travel to international offices, client locations, and conferences may be required
- BA/BS degree in Business, International Relations, or related field
- In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, 8 – 10 years’ business development experience
- Demonstrated success in building a pipeline and selling research work in Tanzania
- Demonstrated skill in managing communications with clients and partners
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- In-depth experience using Microsoft Office products that include MS Word, PowerPoint, Teams, & Excel
Preferred Qualifications (nice-to-haves)
- MA/MS degree in Business, International Relations, or related field
- 5+ years in market research background
- Understanding of compliance and cost
- Familiarity in developing economies, particularly Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East
Equal employment opportunity statement
GeoPoll is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, tribe, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications and merit.
Please submit your CV and cover letter (as a single file with your name as the file name) to [email protected] with the job title: Business Development Consultant in the subject line no later than Friday, 13th May 2022.