Business Development Associate
(International Development and Relief - Washington, D.C.)
As a Business Development Associate you will support partnership strategy and implementation of GeoPoll’s international relief and development’s (social sector) continued expansion and growth. You will be part of a team that is passionately committed to expanding to our base of international development clients funded by USAID, Department of State, World Bank, FCDO, the United Nations, foundations, and academic institutions.
In this role, you will help identify business/sales opportunities and support partnerships from inception through full execution in support of our International Business Development team. You will assist in the expansion and cultivation of relationships with a wide variety of partners, developing teaming strategies and approaches, and negotiating technical roles and budgets. You enjoy working in the fast-paced environment of proposal development ranging from writing concept notes and drafting corporate capabilities statements to developing detailed budgets and cost estimates. Additionally, you excel in a team-oriented environment that includes working on projects in parallel, and the flexibility to work on special projects when needed. You are a self-starter who is excited to work in a start-up environment.
- Identify international development procurement opportunities (under contracts and grants) and manage team discussions with for-profit and non-profit organizations
- Identify partnerships and manage opportunities with other USG-funded clients, multi-laterals, foundations, and universities
- Maintain the business development pipeline by actively reaching out to targeted clients to sell, upsell and maintain positive long-term relationships
- Prepare and submit proposals, pricing, and service agreements for international development clients, including conducting analysis for compliance and procurement considerations
- Develop PowerPoint presentations, marketing materials, and success stories
- Support the Business Development team’s financial projections and budgeting processes
- Coordinate with GeoPoll support teams including Operations, Program Management, Finance, and regional representatives
- BA/BS degree in Business, International Relations, or related field
- 2 years of experience on a business development team supporting international development clients, including USG government contracting
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- In-depth experience using Microsoft Office products that include MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Preferred Qualifications (nice-to-haves)
- MA/MS degree in Business, International Relations, or related field
- Understanding of compliance, cost, and procurement issues
- Familiarity in developing countries, particularly Africa, Asia and the Middle East
- Innovative thinker able to work in a fast-paced impactful team-oriented environment
About GeoPoll and Mobile Accord
GeoPoll is the world’s largest real-time mobile survey platform, reaching a growing network of more than 500 million users in 85 countries worldwide on a deeply granular level and at unprecedented scale.
Through partnerships with international telecom providers and a multimodal platform powered by text, voice and web based communications, GeoPoll enables companies and organizations to gather quick, accurate and in-depth insights on anything from consumer preferences to election transparency and access to basic government services. GeoPoll is powered by U.S. small business Mobile Accord, the creators of the mGive mobile donation platform and experts in powering mobile insights across the globe.
To apply please email a cover letter and resume (as a single file with YOUR NAME as the file name) to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.