Business Development Manager
(International Development & Relief Sector - DMV)
Since 2012, GeoPoll has been a leader in providing affordable market research from areas of the world that are difficult to access with traditional methods. We conduct more than 7 million surveys per year through the mobile phone for international multilateral donors, host governments, NGOs, research agencies, commercial clients, and media groups. GeoPoll facilitates projects that provide critical data for companies and development assistance organizations that provide insight on resources, living conditions, and aid, as well as measure the ROI of advertisements, assess customer satisfaction, and more.
GeoPoll seeks smart, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join our team, and help us improve the lives of citizens around the world through the mobile phone.
About the position
As a Business Development Manager, you will support partnership strategy and implementation of GeoPoll’s international development and relief sector’s growth into new markets and clients. You will be part of a team that is passionately committed to expanding to our base of international development clients. In this role you will identify business opportunities and lead partnerships from inception through full execution in support of our Business Development team located in Washington, DC. You will expand and cultivate relationships with a wide variety of partners, developing teaming strategies and approaches and negotiating technical roles and budgets.
You enjoy working in the fast-paced environment of proposal development ranging from writing concept notes and drafting corporate capabilities statements to developing detailed budgets and cost estimates. Additionally, you excel in a team-oriented environment that includes working on projects in parallel, and the flexibility to work on special projects when needed. You are a self-starter who is excited to work in a start-up environment.
Given the nature of this role, viable candidates for this position will be in the DMV (DC, MD, VA) area. Relocation and remote work are not options for this position.
- Identify USAID-funded procurement opportunities (contracts and grants) and manage teaming discussions with for-profit and non-profit organizations
- Identify partnerships and manage opportunities with other USG-funded clients, multilaterals, and foundations
- Prepare budgets for international development and relief sector clients
- Review and analyze business opportunities for compliance and procurement considerations
- Develop PowerPoint presentations, marketing materials, and success stories
- Coordinate and support the Business Development team financial projections and budgeting processes
- BA/BS degree in Business, International Relations, or related field
- 4 years of experience on a business development team supporting international development clients, including USAID and US government contracting
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- In-depth experience using Microsoft Office products that include MS Word, PowerPoint, Teams, & Excel
Preferred Qualifications (nice-to-haves)
- MA/MS degree in Business, International Relations, or related field
- Understanding of compliance and cost
- Familiarity in developing countries, particularly Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East
About GeoPoll and Mobile Accord
GeoPoll is the world’s largest real-time mobile survey platform, reaching a growing network of more than 500 million users in 30 countries worldwide on a deeply granular level and at unprecedented scale. Through partnerships with telecom providers and a multimodal platform powered by text, voice, and web- based communications, GeoPoll enables companies and organizations to gather quick, accurate and in- depth insights on anything from consumer preferences to election transparency and access to basic government services. GeoPoll is powered by Mobile Accord, the creators of the mGive mobile donation platform and experts in powering mobile insights across the globe.
GeoPoll is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, tribe, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications and merit.
Please submit your CV and cover letter (as a single file with your name as the file name) to [email protected] with the job title: Business Development Manager in the subject line no later than Friday, 13th August 2021.
Feel free to take a look at our website.