(Denver, CO or Remote US)
GeoPoll is a leading research organization that uses mobile phones to gather direct, real-time insights from millions of people throughout Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Working with clients including global brands, media outlets, and international development groups, GeoPoll facilitates projects that measure vital indicators around the world. GeoPoll seeks smart, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join our team, and help us improve the lives of citizens around the world through mobile phone-based research.
We are currently looking for an Accountant who will fulfill various accounting responsibilities across the Mobile Accord Enterprise. This position will be responsible for various close and accounts payable activities, commissions calculations and bank reconciliations. This position will report to the Director, Finance.
Mobile Accord offers a fantastic, fast-paced, and fun team environment. We have a great group of hardworking and intelligent people who work to fulfill the company’s goal to provide organizations with valuable data to support their decision-making.
- Assist in month-end close procedures, including the preparation of journal entries and variance analysis
- Assist with accounts payable activities
- Respond to vendor inquiries related to accounts payable
- Calculate monthly sales commissions
- Maintain general ledger by reconciling balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist in preparing monthly reporting package
- Assist with financial and tax audits
- Assist with annual budgeting process, as well as monthly budget variance reporting
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Assist in the preparation of client pricing budgets as requested
- Assist with collection of receivables
- Miscellaneous projects and tasks as needed
- 4 – 5 years’ work-related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Technical Accounting knowledge/proficiency: solid understanding of IFRS, GAAP, and other technical accounting issues
- Experience with international accounting and foreign currencies a plus
- Experienced with Accounting software or top-tier ERP systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains is a plus
- Strong analytical ability – must be able to design analysis to answer specific questions; be able to synthesize data; be able to error check and reconcile own work
- Exceptional Excel, PowerPoint, and Word knowledge
- A detail-oriented approach – must pay close attention to the details and have the drive to get things right
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Willingness to help in any area of Finance/Accounting as needed
Salary: $ 60,000.00 to $70,000.00 annually
To apply please email a cover letter and resume (as a single file with YOUR NAME as the file name) to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.