Business Development Associate - International Development and Relief
GeoPoll is the leading provider of mobile device-driven research, data collection, and analysis in emerging markets, providing full-service solutions to its broad client base. GeoPoll has experience administering surveys in more than eighty-five countries and conducts approximately ten million surveys annually in more than forty-five languages. With operations in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean, GeoPoll continues to grow and scale quickly.
GeoPoll adheres to the strictest ethical and research standards and employs highly rigorous methods and approaches to data analysis. Our surveys have been cited and analyzed in several highly respected academic journals, such as the Journal of International Development.
About this role
As a Business Development Associate you will support partnership strategy and implementation of GeoPoll’s international relief and development’s (social sector) continued expansion and growth. You will be part of a team that is passionately committed to expanding to our base of international development clients funded by USAID, Department of State, World Bank, FCDO, the United Nations, foundations, and academic institutions.
In this role you will help identify business/sales opportunities and support partnerships from inception through full execution in support of our International Business Development team. You will assist in the expansion and cultivation relationships with a wide variety of partners, developing teaming strategies and approaches and negotiating technical roles and budgets. You enjoy working in the fast-paced environment of proposal development ranging from writing concept notes and drafting corporate capabilities statements to developing detailed budgets and cost estimates. Additionally, you excel in a team-oriented environment that includes working on projects in parallel, and a flexibility to work on special projects when needed. You are a self-starter who is excited to work in a start-up environment.
- Identify international development procurement opportunities (under contracts and grants) and manage team discussions with for-profit and non-profit organizations
- Identify partnerships and manage opportunities with other USG-funded clients, multilaterals, foundations, and universities
- Maintain the business development pipeline by actively reaching out to targeted clients to sell, upsell, and maintain positive long-term relationships
- Prepare and submit proposals, pricing and service agreements for international development clients, including conducting analysis for compliance and procurement considerations
- Develop PowerPoint presentations, marketing materials, and success stories
- Support the Business Development team’s financial projections and budgeting processes
- Coordinate with GeoPoll support teams including Operations, Program Management, Finance, and regional representatives
Qualifications (required skills)
- BA/BS degree in Business, International Relations, or related field
- 2 years of experience on a business development team supporting international development clients, including USG government contracting
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Deep experience using Microsoft Office products that include MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Additional (not required but value adding) qualifications
- MA/MS degree in Business, International Relations, or related field
- Understanding of compliance, cost, and procurement issues
- Familiarity in developing countries, particularly Africa, Asia, and the Middle East
- Innovative thinker able to work in a fast-paced impactful team-oriented environment
- Experience with Salesforce
About GeoPoll and Mobile Accord
GeoPoll is the world’s largest real-time mobile survey platform, reaching a growing network of more than 500 million users in 85 countries worldwide on a deeply granular level and at an unprecedented scale.
Through partnerships with international telecom providers and a multimodal platform powered by text, voice and web-based communications, GeoPoll enables companies and organizations to gather quick, accurate and in-depth insights on anything from consumer preferences to election transparency and access to basic government services. GeoPoll is powered by U.S. small business Mobile Accord, the creators of the mGive mobile donation platform and experts in powering mobile insights across the globe.
To apply please email a cover letter and resume (as a single file with YOUR NAME as the file name) to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line. The position is open until filled.